WAYS TO SUPPORT COMMUNITY HEALTH COUNCILS & SOUTH LA
Why give to Community Health Councils?
For 25 years, Community Health Councils has made great strides in leading the charge and equipping residents, convening organizations, and collaborating with public officials to transform health systems and the environment of South Los Angeles. Our work is about:
Building authentic partnerships.
Your ongoing donation will help us continue a legacy of demonstrated impact that has resulted in:
- Adoption of an amendment to the LA City General Plan to regulate density of new standalone fast food restaurants in South LA
- Establishment of the Inglewood Oil Field Community Standards District, the strongest oil field relations in the country
- Providing over 40,000 children and adults with comprehensive healthcare enrollment services
- Creation of 9 community gardens and 4 new parks in South LA
- Preserved more than $100M for specialty, urgent, and hospital care following the closure of Martin Luther King Hospital.
Will you become one of our valued partners?
Other Ways to Support CHC
Are you inspired by CHC’s work and South LA residents? If so, WE NEED YOU!
In early 2017, we will be launching our first CHC Ambassador Program, which will gather our most motivated supporters and create opportunities to spread the word about CHC so we can increase our impact. The best part is that you get to meet other socially committed to people and you can participate as your schedule allows.
If you are interested in learning more about our Ambassador Program, sign up here
Have questions? Contact Carlos Hernandez, Development Director, at email@example.com or 323-295-9372 ext 235.
Is your company or organization interested in showing South Los Angeles residents that you are invested in their future?
Community Health Councils specializes in creating unique and customized sponsorship packages for companies and organizations that want to support South LA. There are a variety of opportunities throughout the year that can fit your budget. Current sponsorship opportunities include:
- 25th Anniversary #Commit2SLA Campaign (2017)
- 25th Anniversary Gala (May 2017)
- South Los Angeles: 25 years Later Documentary (Fall 2017)
- The Annual Lark Award: Honoring impactful and dedicated individuals and organizations.
- #Commit2SLA Local Artists Network: Local artists create art pieces that highlight South Los Angeles in a variety of mediums
Sponsorship benefits* include acknowledgement in our:
- Monthly newsletter
- Social media
- 25th Anniversary Campaign collateral
If you would like more information or want to design your own sponsorship package, please contact Peter Caparis, SVP, Strategic Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org or 310.283.5237.
Do you want to host a fundraiser to benefit CHC as an individual or as a company?
This is a great opportunity for you or your company/organization to raise awareness about social issues that many of your peers may be concerned about and we are happy to help you organize. These gatherings become a vehicle to learn about and support an organization like CHC, who is working daily on addressing issues of equity.
Here are some easy steps to get started:
- Come up with your own fundraising idea or let us help you come up with some ideas that fit your network and capacity
- Fill out our 3rd Party Fundraiser Application
- Wait to hear from CHC about next steps
- Host your fundraiser
- Become a valued partner of CHC
What are some popular fundraising ideas?
- If you own a business, donate 10% of proceeds generated from sales in one month.
- If you are an individual, host a happy hour and have a $10 suggested donation at the door.
Have questions or want to brainstorm some ideas? Contact Carlos Hernandez, Development Director, at email@example.com or 323-295-9372 ext 235.
Are you looking for artsy gifts? Local artists are supporting CHC. By purchasing gifts you are not only supporting CHC but also local artists. Take a look:
Did you know that your next Amazon.com order can benefit Community Health Councils?
Select Community Health Councils by selecting us as your Charity-of-Choice. The next time you order Amazon will donate 0.05% of your order total to us (at no additional cost to you)!
Just click here to set that up:
Does your employer have a Matching Gifts program or United Way Campaign? If so, check out these ways to support us:
If you have made a donation to us, you could double its impact by participating in your employer’s Matching Gift Program.
Don’t know if your employer has a Matching Gifts Program? Click here to do a search. You could also ask that your company start this program.
United Way Campaign
If your employer runs an annual United Way Campaign, you could direct your pre-tax donation to Community Health Councils! Next time your United Way Campaign comes around just select us by using our United Way code: 33889.