The “California’s Sweetened Beverage Tax: A Health Impact Assessment” reports on results of a Health Impact Assessment (HIA) that looked at SB 622 which would have imposed a one cent per fluid ounce tax on every distributor of sugar-sweetened beverages (SSBs) throughout the state. A set of recommendations are offered that can inform future legislation and ensure that low income communities are not negatively impacted. Report funded by First 5 Los Angeles
- Racial and Ethnic Gaps for Uninsured in CA
- We All Need Parks!
- Funding Community Health Workers through Medi-Cal
- CHC Issues New Request for Proposals for First 5 LA Best Start Region 2
- The Healthy California for All Commission: Where We’ve Been and Next Steps
- Recall or Not?
- Learn More About the Inglewood Oil Field Complaint Process
- Learning 4 an Equitable Economy Factsheet
- CHC partners with Higher Education and the Business Community to Promote Business Growth for Women of Color Entrepreneurs in South LA
- CHC supports Medicaid Waiver Which Would Help Address Some of the Social Determinants of Health