This reports provides the finding of an HIA that looked at how legalized sidewalk vending could change vendor activity near schools and the nutrition behaviors of students in South LA. The assessment compared schools in similar socioeconomic environments, but in jurisdictions with contrasting sidewalk vending regulations, to determine differences in street vendor presence near schools and student nutrition behaviors. It also considers whether the presence of street food vendors correlates with differences in pedestrian and bicycle safety near schools. The report includes a summary of the results and recommendations.
- Webinar: Reparations for American Freedman
- Final State Budget Deal Includes Funding for Community Health Navigators
- South LA Decides Community Action Summit
- Apprenticeship Readiness Training
- Free Lunch & Computer Learning Class
- Cultural Treasures of South LA
- Free Lunch at the Library
- Best Start Region 2 Invites Community Members to Address Candidates Running for Council District 15
- Governor Newsom’s May Revise Budget Includes Funding for Health Navigators!
- Learning For Equity MasterClass