In partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal, The Arc is once again providing scholarships for eligible families of color and low-income households who reside in a Comcast region to receive free online access to our Special Education Advocacy Curriculum (normally a $99 value). A limited number of scholarships are available, so apply early!
- Learn the basic information needed to navigate the special education system.
- Get an introduction to IDEA and early intervention services.
- Learn what Section 504 is and who qualifies.
- Find out what procedural safeguards are available for parents and more!
The Arc of the United States has also provided webinars that discuss multiple issues revolving around education. Feel free to check them out:
- Addressing How Marginalized Families Are Left Behind in Disability Education Services – Historically marginalized families face many barriers in regards to education service access and support. In this webinar, learn about the barriers faced, the historical and systemic factors that contribute to them, and the long-term implications
- Ensuring Free and Appropriate Education (FAPE) During COVID-19 – This session explored some common hurdles for students with disabilities in distance learning / hybrid models during the pandemic. Practices and effective strategies that promote equity and meaningful progress are shared.