This report seeks to inform the current and ongoing dialogue about the impact Community Health Workers (CHW) have had, and will continue to have on the healthcare system, particularly among vulnerable communities who experience disproportionate health disparities, such as South Los Angeles. As such the report provides an overview of the role CHW’s play in the healthcare system, highlights evidence-based research and expert opinions, explores the limitations and barriers and identifies a set of recommendations to sustain and uplift the CHW workforce. Report funded by the California Endowment.
- Racial and Ethnic Gaps for Uninsured in CA
- We All Need Parks!
- Funding Community Health Workers through Medi-Cal
- CHC Issues New Request for Proposals for First 5 LA Best Start Region 2
- The Healthy California for All Commission: Where We’ve Been and Next Steps
- Recall or Not?
- Learn More About the Inglewood Oil Field Complaint Process
- Learning 4 an Equitable Economy Factsheet
- CHC partners with Higher Education and the Business Community to Promote Business Growth for Women of Color Entrepreneurs in South LA
- CHC supports Medicaid Waiver Which Would Help Address Some of the Social Determinants of Health