This report seeks to inform the current and ongoing dialogue about the impact Community Health Workers (CHW) have had, and will continue to have on the healthcare system, particularly among vulnerable communities who experience disproportionate health disparities, such as South Los Angeles. As such the report provides an overview of the role CHW’s play in the healthcare system, highlights evidence-based research and expert opinions, explores the limitations and barriers and identifies a set of recommendations to sustain and uplift the CHW workforce. Report funded by the California Endowment.
- Apprenticeship Readiness Training
- Free Lunch & Computer Learning Class
- Cultural Treasures of South LA
- Free Lunch at the Library
- Best Start Region 2 Invites Community Members to Address Candidates Running for Council District 15
- Governor Newsom’s May Revise Budget Includes Funding for Health Navigators!
- Learning For Equity MasterClass
- Women Running for Office: Power, Politics, & Elections
- A Budget Investment in Community Health Navigators
- Guaranteed Basic Income Application Assistance